Chiropractic Terms and Descriptions
The Science, Art and Philosophy of Chiropractic is to restore function of the body Naturally – not by putting anything into the body but by removing Subluxations – abnormal nerve pressure caused by spinal bone misalignments that interfere with our God given ability to heal. We utilize several gentle manual adjusting techniques for the Cranial Bones (C.A.T.S. Cranial Bone Adjusting Turner Style, www.turnwerwellness.com) for both the Spine and Extremities (Gonstead Technique) & Breech Turning Technique for Pregnant Women (Webster’s).
Cervical and Lumbar Spinal traction is a form of decompression therapy that relieves pressure on the spine. It can be performed manually or mechanically. It is used to treat herniated discs, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, and many other back conditions. Spinal traction stretches the spine to take pressure off compressed discs. This straightens the spine and improves the body’s ability to heal itself.
We also offer Inter-segmental traction which is an effective chiropractic therapy that induces passive motion into the spine for the purpose of stretching spinal joints and increasing mobility. Inter-segmental traction helps to gently and effectively reestablish normal range of motion to your spine.
Massage Therapy involves hands-on techniques to increase circulation, relieve tension, reduce stress, relieve anxiety, improve sleep, and promote relaxation throughout the entire body, as well as many other benefits. The body’s soft tissue areas include the muscles, tendons, connective tissue and Ligaments are massaged to enhance a person’s health and well-being. There are many types of massage therapy methods.
CRANIAL BONE ADJUSTING
Dr Nicole Lackner completed her C.A.T.S. (Cranial Adjusting Turner Style) in (????). This technique is scientifically proven, neurologically-based and subluxation-specific cranial adjusting technique. It produces very dramatic results on physical, neurological and mental conditions, many of which were previously thought of as incurable. It is basic chiropractic philosophy: when a cranial bone is out of place, it causes neurological dysfunction; put it back into place and restore that function.
Cranial bones do move. Most of the other cranial adjusting techniques use a very light touch, but C.A.T.S applies more energy in a specific direction to measurably (using electronic calipers) move the cranial bones. One of the other cranial adjusting techniques is one adjustment for everything. There are 22 bones in the skull that can move in 6 different directions. Therefore, C.A.T.S Level I has 86 different adjusting techniques. With C.A.T.S the results are immediate and dramatic. C.A.T.S is only taught to chiropractors.
Dr. Turner developed C.A.T.S. in response to his son’s head injury in a cycling accident, which affected his sight and hearing. Through correcting the misaligned bones in his son’s skull, the boy made a full and rapid recovery.
The C.AT.S. method has helped people of all ages suffering from headaches and head injuries. Thousands of special needs children with learning disorders and brain injuries and have been helped using the C.A.T.S. cranial bone adjustment technique and health care programs customized to their needs. The C.A.T.S. method has helped people of all ages suffering from sinus issues, migraines, headaches and head injuries including Concussion and Post Concussion Syndrome.
Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using therapeutic grade essential oils that was developed by Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several modalities: Aromatherapy, Vita Flex Technique and Feather Stroking applied on your spine and feet to bring balance and transformation. It also supports body systems on a physical and emotionally level. The session lasts about an hour, ending with warm towels put on the patients back to help the oils soak in deeper and gentle stretching of the neck and upper back.
The Raindrop Technique involves applying undiluted drops of Thyme, Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress, Peppermint, Oregano, Aroma Siez and Valor Young Living essential oils, and carrier oil: V-6 Vegetable Oil. Essential oils are dropped from approximately 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops. It feels like rain drops gently striking your spine which is very relaxing and comforting.
Gary Young found that combining several holistic techniques created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
- Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is similar to the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
- Vita Flex Technique –Vita Flex was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
- Feather Stroking – This is similar to a massage technique called effleurage. This technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians. In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis (before there were reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for transformational purposes. Once the Lakota people could no longer cross the Canadian border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the energy of the Aurora Borealis. This is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young and is named feather stroking. It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well.
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique. Here are a few:
- Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
- Non-Manipulative Technique – No manipulation as in chiropractic care is performed. The oils help support the body to come back into harmony by opening energy flow throughout the body. This is not a replacement for Chiropractic care but works well together.
- Reduce Stress and Minor Anxiety – The oils can enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness as well as help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level.
- Aid the Body’s Natural Response to Irritation and Injury – Thyme and Oregano support the immune, respiratory, nervous, and other body systems*. They are strong antioxidants.
- Eases Muscle Discomfort after Exercise – Muscles that are tense and in minor discomfort due to exercise will also benefit. Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint essential oils may reduce tension.
- Support Healthy Immune System – Thyme and Oregano essential oils support a healthy immune system*.
- Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils effect the limbic system where emotions are stored in the “brain’s emotional computer”.
- Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils that are high in phenols may cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance cleansing of the body.
- And many more!
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.” Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery. (From Reiki.org)
MEDICINE WHEEL DRUM CIRCLE
Simply put a drum circle is a group of people sitting arranged in a circle experiencing the spontaneous creation of music on a variety of drums and percussion instruments. A drum circle is a fun, exciting and powerful way to bring individuals together through music. The Medicine Wheel Drumming Circle incorporates Native American cultural and spiritual teachings. We honor Creator Mother Earth and all beings.
All are welcome. Children are encouraged to come. Each person is able to express themselves through their individual instrument while simultaneously participating as part of a larger whole. Drum circles have no beginning or end, no top or bottom. Such a construction places every participant on equal footing, another important component. Drum circles may be facilitated, meaning that they are, to some degree, guided by a facilitator who encourages the participants. A facilitated drum circle promotes a safe, stress free and entertaining environment to empower participants. A drum circle enhances your experience through visual, auditory and kinesthetic ways of learning. There is no wrong way to drum!
Much to the delight of drummers everywhere, studies show that drumming accelerates physical healing, boosts the immune system, produces feelings of well being and even has a calming effect on people suffering from Autism, Alzheimer’s and various traumatic experiences.
Extra Drums are available to use.